Got a IGEL that won’t boot and when they go to factory reset in the bootmenu they get this error
“Searching system partition (partition directory not found or invalid)”
Dumb question maybe, but is a USB Mass storage device still connected? If yes, could you remove it?
No USB Mass storage connected to it.. Just waiting for the device to be sent back to us..
Yes, on a second read, it can‘t be related to USB, sorry. What happens when going into Boot menu (esc after Bios) and choose failsafe boot with CRC? Does it fix some things?
Which kind of product is concerned?
UD3-LX … I will def give that a shot when it arrives here.. this happened yesterday afternoon when I wasnt around it has been asked from my Tech team..
If OS11, you could recover the device by reinstalling Igel OS with the OS Creator USB Stick or ISO. Keep my fingers crossed!
what if its 10.06.100 ? are we a bit stuffed?
No, but give a PM, I would send you a few linux commands to get it done with a dd image!
How do you get your hands on the OS Creator USB Stick?
Here we go: myigel.biz/index.php?dir=IGEL_OS_11/OSC/
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL device won’t boot on factory reset receive “Searching system partition (partition directory not found or invalid)”‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”