I saw the article form dreadysblog from 2017 regarding running ICG on Nutantix AHV. Is anyone currently running ICG on Nutanix? Looking for advoce for any gotchas and if it is stable and reliable. Thank you. dreadysblog.com/2017/12/25/igel-cloud-gateway-on-nutanix-ahv/
As long as the Linux version is supported by Nutanix for its hypervisor — you are good to go.
That article is a little dated – nowadays we would recommend the ICG standalone installer which will get you up to the latest version, 2.01.110. Otherwise what Ron said, pick a Linux distro that we support, Acropolis supports, and you are familiar with and you should be good to go 🙂
Have it running on Nutanix AHV for quite some time. I used CentOS as Linux distro.
Correct, I switched from the appliance to a CentOS install – however I still think IGEL should provide it as a virtual appliance.
Providing means fixed to one Linux distro customers perhaps don’t want – and it’s an effort to keep it up-to-date etc 🙂
I get your point @member, but today it’s us the customer who has to keep it updated and lots of us are no Linux geeks 😉 That’s why I always advocate for the appliance approach, not only for ICG, it would be awesome for UMS too!
Many companies have standards for Linux OS and updating / patching. For example, a simple script such as this one for Ubuntu can be used.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Yeah I know – but still thinking an appliance/container based approach would drive adoption. Just my opinion I know 😉
I get your point as well, more the P/SaaS etc. way, which makes sense as we’re transforming to that direction.
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”