I have a question regarding dual monitors. I have one user that prefers the monitor to the right side to be the main monitor, where the taskbar is populated with icons and the desktop has the icons. I was able to switch the monitors in the config, but now the mouse doesn’t flow smoothly between screens. In other zero clients I’ve used, I was able to select if the extra monitor was to the left or to the right of the main monitor. How do I do this in the Igel config?
Hi Scott. Which firmware you’re using? Normally I recommend providing access to “Display Switch” on user site (configured under Accessories) so the user can adjust his monitors on his own.
This config is meant by @member
Defining main screen
If necessary, switch to the advanced dialog with Advanced.
Select the screen that you wish to define as the main screen.
Set the Index to 1.
The display is now marked as the main screen.
Thanks guys. I’ll give it a try.
How about the little hidden bar at the top of the screen? Is that something I can remove if the end user is annoyed by it popping out every time they put there mouse up towards the top of the desktop?
Inside a specific Session?
So I just deployed 12 new Igel M250C clients and i have a couple users that don’t like the in session control bar. I would like to create a profile for those users to not have the control bar. I’ll see if I can figure it out with the link you sent. Thanks.
Also, I was able to use the Display switch using the instructions. I’m hoping I set it up to keep the settings after a reboot, so the user doesn’t have to repeat those steps on every log in. Does this look right?
Yes! But please also check Configure new displays when connected.
Will do. Thanks for the help.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL OS and dual monitors, how do I get the mouse to scroll smoothly from one monitor to the next?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”