Hi all, due to the way that our OpenVPN server has been configured (and I can’t change it) I need to use a System -> Firmware Customization -> Custom Application to run the openvpn client. This will prompt the user for their username, password and Google authenticator token. It works fine when I run it manually from the shell but when I call it from the custom application, I see a window flash up briefly and then disappear. Any ideas how I make this work?
In profile — have custom command that does something like this…
/usr/bin/xfce4-terminal -T “OpenVPN” –geometry=80×10-0+0 -x command_to_run
Hi Ron, this looks like it will work. I’ll test properly when I get home (I can’t test openvpn from within the work network). Thanks!
For wifi device at the office, connect to the internet via your phone hotspot. 😉
Sample profile that uses xfce4-terminal can be found here — github.com/IGEL-Community/IGEL-Custom-Partitions/tree/master/CP_Source/Tools_Drivers/MacBook-wifi
Hi Ron, I don’t think our IGELs (UD7-LX) have wifi adaptors, unless they’re built-in and I never noticed…
Oh… okay… you could spin up an IGEL OS VM (with 90 trial license) on your laptop PC / Mac via Virtualbox and then connect via your phone hotspot for testing in the office…
See my doc on setting up sandbox…
Yay, it works!!! Well, sort of 🙂 I had to “chmod 4775 /usr/bin/sudo” as openvpn wouldn’t work unless it was run as root and I couldn’t make su work via a custom command.
use pkexec. So the command will be –> pkexec /usr/bin/xfce4-terminal -T “OpenVPN” –geometry=80×10-0+0 -x command_to_run
You legend! Perfect! I’m stoked how well this works.
You are most welcome! Take care my friend.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL OS and OpenVPN server configuration?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?