Hi all, due to the way that our OpenVPN server has been configured (and I can’t change it) I need to use a System -> Firmware Customization -> Custom Application to run the openvpn client. This will prompt the user for their username, password and Google authenticator token. It works fine when I run it manually from the shell but when I call it from the custom application, I see a window flash up briefly and then disappear. Any ideas how I make this work?
In profile — have custom command that does something like this…
/usr/bin/xfce4-terminal -T “OpenVPN” –geometry=80×10-0+0 -x command_to_run
Hi Ron, this looks like it will work. I’ll test properly when I get home (I can’t test openvpn from within the work network). Thanks!
For wifi device at the office, connect to the internet via your phone hotspot. 😉
Sample profile that uses xfce4-terminal can be found here — github.com/IGEL-Community/IGEL-Custom-Partitions/tree/master/CP_Source/Tools_Drivers/MacBook-wifi
Hi Ron, I don’t think our IGELs (UD7-LX) have wifi adaptors, unless they’re built-in and I never noticed…
Oh… okay… you could spin up an IGEL OS VM (with 90 trial license) on your laptop PC / Mac via Virtualbox and then connect via your phone hotspot for testing in the office…
See my doc on setting up sandbox…
Yay, it works!!! Well, sort of 🙂 I had to “chmod 4775 /usr/bin/sudo” as openvpn wouldn’t work unless it was run as root and I couldn’t make su work via a custom command.
use pkexec. So the command will be –> pkexec /usr/bin/xfce4-terminal -T “OpenVPN” –geometry=80×10-0+0 -x command_to_run
You legend! Perfect! I’m stoked how well this works.
You are most welcome! Take care my friend.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?