Hello everyone, here some information about the Citrix Webcam redirection.
HDX webcam video compression requires that the following policy settings be enabled (all are enabled by default).
• Multimedia conferencing
• Windows Media Redirection
IGEL OS Settings
With these settings I assume an unchanged system.
Please activate the parameter for HDX RealTime Webcam redirection: Sessions > Citrix > Citrix Global > HDX Multimedia
• Webcam redirection works with and without RTME.
• Webcam usage is exclusive to applications. For example, when Skype is running with a webcam and you launch GoToMeeting, exit Skype to use the webcam with GoToMeeting.
Supported video conferencing applications
• Adobe Connect
• Cisco Webex and Webex for Teams
• Google Hangouts and Hangouts Meet
• IBM Sametime
• Microsoft Skype for Business 2015
• Microsoft Lync 2010 and 2013
• Microsoft Skype 7 or higher
• Media Foundation-based video applications on Windows 8.x or higher and Windows Server 2012 R2 and higher
If USB redirection is enabled, please create a rule that forbids the forwarding of the webcam via USB redirection.
Is the webcam available locally?
Is it a 32bit application?
> Install a 32Bit Firefox and check the redirection.
Does webcam audio work but no video?
> Here it can help to increase the graphics memory in the Bios to 512MB.
Wow thanks for the detailled infos! Do you have any idea why I’m getting this error? I tested with webcamtests (chrome x86) and teams (x86) there are no other apps opened. On the server side I am using latest citrix version with server 2019 – checked also the privacy permissions, cam is set to enabled… ?
Did you ever resolve this? I see the same thing trying to get HDX webcams to work and with LTSR1912 and Server 2019.
Discovered I had 64-bit install of Chrome that nobody had picked up on. 32-bit now passes through the webcam.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS