Hey all. We are trying to make use of encryptd usb sticks in our Horizon 7.11 desktops – in this case Kingston Lock + G3
Normal USB sticks work fine (we don’t use Vmware’s USB forwarding)
The IGEL OS recognizes the device, but it never presents itself in Windows. These usb sticks first present themselves as DVD drives before being unlocked from a GUI. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Are those the same as Kingston Data Traveller Vault Privacy
Maybe? The .exe on there calls it a DTLocker+ (DT as in DataTraveler) so must be close?
If the Software to access it runs on the Windows side, then add the USB-IDs (VID/PID) to the Horizon Global/USB device rules.
No that won’t work.. I had a customer with the Data Traveller Vault Privacy and he had to run the Linux binary which then unlocked the drive for use in the session
I have the script which we put together, I’ll find it for you tomorrow
Okay I can try that but I thought that was more about whitelisting
That would be cool. Thanks!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL OS custom encryptd USB sticks for VMWare Horizon’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”