I am trying to install Igel OS on a new laptop and this is the first time saw this message. “Firmware can’t be installed on the hardware. Error : unable to find a suitable target device.” Please remove the USB stick and close the dialog to shutdown.
Do you think this error has anything to do with UEFI or legacy boot option ?
Do you have access to BIOS? You could check which HDD/SSD Disk setting is set: disable raid. Did you tried the legacy version just to see? Which kind of Laptop brand / model are you using? Which Igel OSC Version is on the stick?
One of the last private builds fixes some issues with unrecognized storage.
Model : Dell Latitude 5424 Rugged. Did not see any Disk Settings in Bios.
Igel OSC version 11.03.01
The hardware looks like not supported ? kb.igel.com/hardware/en/supported-devices/third-party-devices-supported-by-igel-os-11
I am using this tool to create my bootable disc. kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.100/en/create-usb-installation-medium-windows-24386530.html will the latest version 11.03.530 solve my problem ?
I downloaded the OSC installer but not sure how i can use it since I am on Windows
On Windows: inside the zip, there is a preparestick.exe which you can use to prepare a new installation stick.
Or use rufus to burn the ISO to a memory stick
There’s no ISO file inside the previous zip file. Will wait for the new upload
Did you find a resolution to this problem? I’m having the same issue with a Dell 5410 laptop.
You need a specific OSC File not the Firmware Update. In your case: fwu.igel.com/files/IGEL_OS_11/OSC/OSC_11.03.580.zip fwu.igel.com/files/IGEL_OS_11/OSC/OSC_11.03.580.zip
I needed to disable the Raid on the Dell Latitude7400. Thanks. 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL OS Error “Firmware can’t be installed on the hardware” / Error “unable to find a suitable target device” ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS