Good morning, all of our UD3 LX clients are not registering in our DNS. The DNS name in our DHCP is correct, but there is no entry on our DNS’. the DNS are defined in the igel profiles. can you please help me? thank you very much.
Good morning! Did you already had a look into the DDNS Topic described here?
Hello Sebastien, thank you for your hint. yes, the igel profile has been created as shown in this KB.
You are welcome! Which kind of DNS Server are you using (vendor)?
Win 2012 R2 & Win 2008 R2
Well, that‘s a bit more tricky:
wow… is there no easy solution?
Let’s see! Let‘s start with a few settings, did you set up the „Nonsecure and Secure „ DNS Updates?
which firmware / UMS Version are you using?
Do you have other devices like printers that work?
You could have a look on the DHCP Setting to see if there is a option which blocks the reg process:
System=>Registry=>network.dns.hostname_adopt_from_dhcp set it to false or true and reboot correspondingly.
Our’s are added to DNS by DHCP. I know you mentioned having Dynamic DNS enabled, but just to be clear, you have it set in either the dhcp scope settings and/or the IPv4 settings?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL OS on UD3 LX clients are not registering in our DNS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”