At times some UD3-LX51 output sound to external speakers (RCA connection) gets “crackly” when moving the cable and/or adjusting the sound volume on the speaker. The fix seems to be to replace the IGEL device but this seems impractical considering the cost, etc. Is there a way to fix this issue via software?
You mean a faulty Jack 3,5mm connector on endpoint side?
Yes, not many devices but the users complain enough to have to replace. Would a USB Speaker be any better?
I‘m not a sound interface pro, but crackling sound on Analog Audio might have several reasons… Not sure if that is related but I had that on some private Computers:
If it happens when moving the cable, it most likely indicates a worn out jack or worn out cable.
USB/Digital Audio would most likely solve your issue, but definitely test before buying too many speakers.
I can say that I have used USB audio nearly exclusively on my devices for the past 3 years and all the crackling I used to get when kicking my sub is now gone.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL OS on UD3 output sound to external speakers (RCA connection) gets “crackly”‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”