In IGEL thin client, I configured to 2 network interface. First one is to my terminal where I am in the same network with my UMS. Then, I added a second one which is a local area network. Once I do that, I lost the connection to UMS. Something broke the network connection.
Then, I access the terminal on VSphere and remove the Second Network adapter. Reboot the Thin Client, it works again.
Is there anything I miss out in the Second Network Adapter configuration that causing this ? Or it could be settings in VMWare ? or IGEL Routing ? Have been troubleshooting but a bit puzzle with the outcome… Any thoughts ?
Would need to setup the Network > LAN interfaces > Interface 1 / 2 / 3 … Then setup Network > Routing > Route 1 / 2 / 3.
Maybe these links would provide some background…
I’d suspect routing in general. Have you confirmed connectivity to and from the UMS on the second adapters subnet? Maybe there’s a firewall in the mix? Is your profile pointing the device to the UMS based on an IP address or host name?
What do you want to achieve by having 2 interfaces, if I may ask?
I would like to allow my thin client to access the visualisation application (HMI) in the production floor. Basically from IGEL thin client, I connect to the production floor machine using VNC. The first network adapter is in Layer 3 and the second one connects to a network in Layer 2.
@member thanks for the link. Very informative. Got to digest the write up.
Hi @member , the settings mentioned can be configure via IGEL Routing ? kb.igel.com/igelos-11.04/en/routing-32871459.html
yes… you should also be able to do via custom commands via — kb.igel.com/igelos-11.04/en/network-32871542.html
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL OS thin client – 2 network interface troubleshooting’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”