Hello everyone, I’m having the following problem that sometimes some IGEL thin clients on the network grab the name of a Windows client.
In my case this prevents certain Citrix policies from being processed because they are bound to client names, e.g. “ITC*”.
Unfortunately I can’t find an explanation why this happens?
are you usng microsoft dhcp? if so, enable name protection
Ok i will try it thanks
If a Windows client already has registered a DHCP lease and has DNS A/AAAA/PTR records registered, if a non-Windows device attempts to register the same lease OR DNS records, the registrations fail.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘ IGEL OS thin clients on the network grab the name of a Windows client?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Citrix Optimized Teams user’s call crash when attempting to share screen on IGEL OS