Hello everyone, I’m having the following problem that sometimes some IGEL thin clients on the network grab the name of a Windows client.
In my case this prevents certain Citrix policies from being processed because they are bound to client names, e.g. “ITC*”.
Unfortunately I can’t find an explanation why this happens?
are you usng microsoft dhcp? if so, enable name protection
Ok i will try it thanks
If a Windows client already has registered a DHCP lease and has DNS A/AAAA/PTR records registered, if a non-Windows device attempts to register the same lease OR DNS records, the registrations fail.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘ IGEL OS thin clients on the network grab the name of a Windows client?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”