Hi Guys. Question when using a Laptop with UDC an connected to a Docking Station. How do I configure the following: when not connected to the docking station, there’s only one screen (the one of the laptop) to be used. As soon as it gets connected to the docking station, it should swap the primary desktop to the left display, and expand it to the right display. Laptop Display should go dark then. How can I achieve this?
Hi! It‘s nothing that you could achieve out of of the box unfortunately. We are working on improving this kind of use cases. First: if it‘s suitable for your users you may try the display switcher (Accossorie=>Display Switcher) in simple or extended to setup the displays manually. Second possible way is to use xrandr commands in a bash script, but it‘s a little bit more complicated, I worked on this with a customer: @member Let us know if you have to choose the second way:hugging_face:
okay… I suppose we’ll use Windows then…
I am working on that with xrand, I have it almost done, when I finish it , I will share it here.
sounds great! thank you
Thomas, I just came across this message. This feature is now available in the new OS11 if you would like to take a look. You can do this in the Display Switch Utility.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL OS (UDC) an connected to a Docking Station, how to configure multiple monitors to act as desired?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”