maybe one of you has an idea how to clone the IGEL OS.
Unfortunately several customers have big problems with the IGEL UD Pocket hardware which gets extremely hot and after 1-6 months these junk USB sticks get exchanged without any problems but the workload of the sales department is too high so the idea came up to replace the USB sticks with SSDs.
The idea was to clone a Igel OS as an image on new SSD ́s
Unfortunately you get the problem that all cloned devices with the same MAC address and ID come up.
Is there a way to sysprep the master image before rolling it out?
Thanks and greetings
Hey @member if you are looking to install IGEL OS directly onto an SSD why not use the UDC 3 (IGEL OS 10) or OSC (IGEL OS 11) to install the OS on the internal drive? (Note: older UD Pockets come with a perpetual license that may not be transferred ed from those devices)
yes that’s true, but I’d rather have these pre-assembled in stock and if one UD Pocket fails, I’d replace it.
I know you can reset the unit ID via a command, but I am not sure about the MAC. One idea would be to clone and match up plugged in UD pocket to plugged in SSD via a script of some sort.
The MAC should change on reboot if it is in new hardware.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL UD Pocket hardware which gets extremely hot, is there a way to sysprep the master image before rolling it out?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS