Hey I am experiencing my #FridayIgelFU.
This time its UMS which doesn’t transfer all settings to the ThinClients (whether OS10 or OS11).
Eg I have a existing Profile for a StoreFront Configuration. Some settings (eg “Server location” and “Domains”) will not transfered to the Clients.
If I rename the connection “Login Session Name” the changed name gets applied on the device.
What I did so far:
Uninstall UMS Server and build a new one with imported Profiles
Factory Defaults to ThinClient
Created several new profiles based on the current Firmwares
Tried turning it off and on again 😉
Hi! Maybe a dumb question but is one of your profiles equiped by the checkbox: Overwrite Sessions?
If you open the local configuration of the endpoint, does your setting seems to be blocked by the lock symbol?
What should I say? Overwrite session SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But Iam a little confused what those “free instances” means, because changing the Name of the Session, and changing location of the published apps were transfered to the ThinClient without issue. Just the “text field” from “Server location” and “Domains” not…
Anyways… Thanks @member
You are welcome Markus👍I‘m with you, this feature can be… well… very… surprising…😣
For me it would make sense if ALL settings will forced overwritten and not just partial… But yeah. Thanks so far. Eike will pay the beers next time 😉
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL UMS doesn’t transfer all profile settings to the IGEL OS Thin Clients’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?