Just saw a weird behaviour in my lab. Maybe this post helps if you encounter it yourself.
Used default settings on Universal Firmware Update (UFU) in UMS 6 and downloaded latest IGEL OS 11 firmware. Tried to update my Thin Client. Not working of course because I use ICG. (RTFM I know.) So I set an FTP server, deleted the downloaded firmware from UFU and tried again to check for new firmware in UFU.
From now on I received an Error ⚠️ every time I tried to check: “Internal error: java.lang.NullPointerException See log files for details.” No reboot or prayers helped.
Then I realized the deleted firmware was still in the recycle bin. After removing it from there, the error disappeared. So basically if you have an error ask yourself: Have I emptied the recycle bin?♻️
Good one, yes, it happens in this specific cases and the error message doesn‘t help that much… Thanks!!!
I learned quickly to clean the recycle bin after deleting an object I know I want gone haha 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL UMS Error: “Internal error: java.lang.NullPointerException See log files for details:’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?