Just saw a weird behaviour in my lab. Maybe this post helps if you encounter it yourself.
Used default settings on Universal Firmware Update (UFU) in UMS 6 and downloaded latest IGEL OS 11 firmware. Tried to update my Thin Client. Not working of course because I use ICG. (RTFM I know.) So I set an FTP server, deleted the downloaded firmware from UFU and tried again to check for new firmware in UFU.
From now on I received an Error ⚠️ every time I tried to check: “Internal error: java.lang.NullPointerException See log files for details.” No reboot or prayers helped.
Then I realized the deleted firmware was still in the recycle bin. After removing it from there, the error disappeared. So basically if you have an error ask yourself: Have I emptied the recycle bin?♻️
Good one, yes, it happens in this specific cases and the error message doesn‘t help that much… Thanks!!!
I learned quickly to clean the recycle bin after deleting an object I know I want gone haha 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL UMS Error: “Internal error: java.lang.NullPointerException See log files for details:’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?