Hi, I’m new to IGEL and currently evaluating IGEL OS on repurposed PC. I’ve successfully deployed a first desktop – licensed correctly. However, for my second desktop, UMS keeps showing the device as No Valid license – although the evaluation license for its mac address has been properly added. Anything we can do to resolve this?
Hi Henry, it might help to delete the demo license, manually.
Usually, the device should get the license automatically. If not, the best way is to follow this commands (Accessories,Terminal,+,save,login as root). The commands are sent as pm
Greetings @member I am experiencing the same issue here. I have deleted and re-added both the device and license from UMS but still get the “UC1-LX No valid license” error. Could you PM me the commands you sent to Henry please?
That didn’t seem to help – That directory is actually empty.
Where is your license coming from?
It should be coming from the UMS server, correct? I added the license in UMS under “Device’s Licenses”
Ok, it’s a demo license. Can you edit the Lic with Notepad and double check if the MAC corresponds?
If yes, please try to download the file again but with a different browser.
The MAC is correct. I will re-download the license.
Downloaded the license again using Chrome, no change. Any more ideas?
What happens when assigning the license manually?
Check if some ports are maybe blocked between device and UMS?
I disabled the local firewall on the UMS server and the device license activated without error. Thank you for all of your help Sebastien.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL UMS keeps showing the device as “No Valid license”?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”