hey folks, for a project we would like to implement the buddy-master and buddy-client feature. The concept for this is clear. But I would like to know, if I have multiple Buddy-Master-Clients, which one would one client try to reach. I dont wont to specify a particular client. So for my hopings, the client will choose the nearest master automatically, is that true?
I think this is the case, but I don’t have it in writing. I know that you can set a max number of connections, so that if 1 TC is full, the others will find another Buddy-update server instead
The Buddyslave will send a broadcast in his own network segment and see which ones responds faster, will check later on if I find something more detailled infos.
and only masters will response if the connection limit is not reached?
nice, this will do the trick, cheers alot
kb.igel.com/igelos-10.05.700/en/buddy-update-23504625.html in case you hadn’t already seen it 🙂
I already did saw the video, but my question was not answered, so I thought to myself, ask the experts 😉
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘In a multiple IGEL Buddy-Master-Clients, which one would client try to reach first? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS