does anyone have information on TWAIN support for iGel devices within XenDesktop 7.x? Looking to use some Canon DR-C225 and M190 scanners and would like to avoid the USB virtual channel.
Twain isn‘t a Linux compatible way of access but a kind of pure Microsoft ones, so we can‘t force an integration even if I would be happy to😄
At the moment: USB Scanner is a tough topic…
They are a few ways to get it working, but there is no guarantee unfortunately:
1) use the USB Redirection to get it redirected into the Terminalserver, and install it there:
2) use the sane integration if supported by Scanner and map the scan directory into the session: (System=>Firmware Customization=>Features=>Sane support) and use linux.die.net/man/7/sane
3) Use USB<=>Lan Server: www.silextechnology.com/de/konnektivitätslösungen/geräte-konnektivität
Thanks, out of curiosity, has there been any testing on the 3 above to determine which uses less bandwidth? The issue I’m having with option #1 is that it will not work well over MPLS, it only seems to work well over LAN.
You are welcome, no, but I would assume that Sane and mapping a samba share should give the strongest control over QOS.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘ Info on TWAIN support for IGEL OS devices within Citrix XenDesktop 7.x? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”