I’ve just installed OS11 on a igel so I can try MS Teams locally on the Igel. Does anayone have a download location for: “teams_[version].tar.bz2” archive and the “teams_[version].inf”
I do not have access to an Linux workstation to create these files myself
Use firefox or chromium on your Igel device…
Hi Rob, did you created the CP like in this tutorial: kb.igel.com/igelos-11.04/en/microsoft-teams-as-a-custom-partition-32868977.html
Yes I’ve created the custom partition, but in the next step (Unpacking the Packages) it is saying that I have to do this on an Linux Workstation, but I don’t have one
Or can I do this on the Igel itself
Yes, you can do it on the Igel.
When I try to download the file on the |Igel I get a message: Your organization’s configuration prevents downloads
Try chromium Session instead.
Download succeeded, but now the next step failes Extract the packages to the new directory:
dpkg -x teams*.deb teams/
dpkg command not found
You can try to extract it with 7zip on Windows.
TIP — Spin up a Ubuntu 18.04 desktop VM (use VirtualBox). See the following
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Installing MS Teams locally on the IGEL – where is the download location for: “teams_[version].tar.bz2” archive and the “teams_[version].inf”?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?