I have a question regarding the instructions for creating a repository to house the firmware for the UDP. I see in the instructions it directs you to enable public read access to the files, and I’m wondering why you couldn’t set up an account with read-only access with a password. Does the firmware update process not support authentication? Just curious as I’m sure I’ll be asked by management.
Hi, we are supporting Authentification for Firmware Updates. I’m not sure which documentation you are referencing?
It’s a step-by-step guide for OS Updates. I just wanted to double-check if requiring authentication was possible. 🙂 I typically get asked things like that if we’ve opted for no authentication on anything. Even if it’s technically outside of our network.
Then, I can confirm that we use authentification (if wanted or needed) on: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, FTPS.
Continue reading and comment on ‘Instructions for creating a repository to house the firmware for the UDP’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”