I have a question regarding the instructions for creating a repository to house the firmware for the UDP. I see in the instructions it directs you to enable public read access to the files, and I’m wondering why you couldn’t set up an account with read-only access with a password. Does the firmware update process not support authentication? Just curious as I’m sure I’ll be asked by management.
Hi, we are supporting Authentification for Firmware Updates. I’m not sure which documentation you are referencing?
It’s a step-by-step guide for OS Updates. I just wanted to double-check if requiring authentication was possible. 🙂 I typically get asked things like that if we’ve opted for no authentication on anything. Even if it’s technically outside of our network.
Then, I can confirm that we use authentification (if wanted or needed) on: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, FTPS.
Continue reading and comment on ‘Instructions for creating a repository to house the firmware for the UDP’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?