I have a question regarding the instructions for creating a repository to house the firmware for the UDP. I see in the instructions it directs you to enable public read access to the files, and I’m wondering why you couldn’t set up an account with read-only access with a password. Does the firmware update process not support authentication? Just curious as I’m sure I’ll be asked by management.
Hi, we are supporting Authentification for Firmware Updates. I’m not sure which documentation you are referencing?
It’s a step-by-step guide for OS Updates. I just wanted to double-check if requiring authentication was possible. 🙂 I typically get asked things like that if we’ve opted for no authentication on anything. Even if it’s technically outside of our network.
Then, I can confirm that we use authentification (if wanted or needed) on: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, FTPS.
Continue reading and comment on ‘Instructions for creating a repository to house the firmware for the UDP’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Citrix Optimized Teams user’s call crash when attempting to share screen on IGEL OS