We are having intermittent display problems with our iGEL units. All our users are setup with 2 monitors (extended display) connected via display port to DVI on the monitor side. Users report that randomly during the day one of the displays goes black.
When the screen goes black we have tried switching the screen off and on.
We have verified that this is not a cabling issue. All the cables are firmly attached to both ends. The screens are working fine.
The only way to fix this seems to be to restart the iGel device.
Has anyone seen problem like this? Are there any log files that I can look at to troubleshoot this?
We are running the following:
iGEL Hardware: UD2-LX 50
Firmware OS 11-11.03.110
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Dear Andre, are you using Display Switcher?
If yes, did you set the checkbox: Configure new displays when connected ?
It doesn‘t have to be related to that but here is another idea to follow maybe:
I have seen the hotplug KB article and have already implemented the registry change. Our monitors are configured via UMS policy. I will try to use the Display Switcher next time this happens but I what makes me wonder is why this is happening in the first place.
Users reported that in many cases they were in the middle of something when the monitor just goes black.
If you have a SSH Access to the device or it‘s in that state you could look on /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
Help=>Save device files for support would upload that File (and others) to the UMS for Remote Analysis.
Thanks, I will give that a go.
We were having similar issues a few months ago. This was the solution that ended up solving the issues for us: igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/CBJDENFFY/p1566482155136300?thread_ts=1566464083.129200&channel=CBJDENFFY&message_ts=1566482155.136300
They referenced the issue being found with different resolutions, but it solved our issues even with 2 1920×1080 screens.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Intermittent display problems with IGEL OS -randomly during the day one of the displays goes black’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?