Is anyone using the native VOIP client (Ekiga) in a production environment?
I did, a few years ago. Do you have specific questions to ask?
i just started testing it for a secondary site. ill keep you in the loop ( will be used for 120 users )
I wondering about the dialing out when registered as a SIP client to CUCM. Do we really need to dial #@hostname.com as opposed to traditional PSTN?
You mean SIP URI dialing? Yes, unfortunately Ekiga is only accepting that way from what I recall.
Oh man! Gross. No way our people will remember to put in the full address.
Hopefully someone will correct me😬
I wonder if there is a way to hardcode anything after the @ symbol, then our users will just need to remember the phone number like they do today
Cannot test atm. but it might be achievable, I‘m searching on forums but didn‘t found it yet.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is anyone using the native VOIP client (Ekiga) on IGEL OS in a production environment?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS