Is anyone using the native VOIP client (Ekiga) in a production environment?
I did, a few years ago. Do you have specific questions to ask?
i just started testing it for a secondary site. ill keep you in the loop ( will be used for 120 users )
I wondering about the dialing out when registered as a SIP client to CUCM. Do we really need to dial #@hostname.com as opposed to traditional PSTN?
You mean SIP URI dialing? Yes, unfortunately Ekiga is only accepting that way from what I recall.
Oh man! Gross. No way our people will remember to put in the full address.
Hopefully someone will correct me😬
I wonder if there is a way to hardcode anything after the @ symbol, then our users will just need to remember the phone number like they do today
Cannot test atm. but it might be achievable, I‘m searching on forums but didn‘t found it yet.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is anyone using the native VOIP client (Ekiga) on IGEL OS in a production environment?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- Lanching a published desktop via Citrix gives me “Error adding store:AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR”