Is the IGEL OS able to utilize windows print servers for local printing?
@member in theory yes, using LPD. I haven’t tried it yet, but looks like you need to enable LPD printing services on your windows print server. read for more info(remember, igel OS have no samba implementation):
Interesting. I was expecting the answer to be “no” but I just wanted to confirm hah. I will investigate this as an option. Thanks
Hi James – new feature in IGEL OS (July for v10 & August for v11) New feature: CUPS printer printing to SMB network printer, optionally with (Kerberos)
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is IGEL OS able to utilize windows print servers for local printing?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?