Is the IGEL OS able to utilize windows print servers for local printing?
@member in theory yes, using LPD. I haven’t tried it yet, but looks like you need to enable LPD printing services on your windows print server. read for more info(remember, igel OS have no samba implementation):
Interesting. I was expecting the answer to be “no” but I just wanted to confirm hah. I will investigate this as an option. Thanks
Hi James – new feature in IGEL OS (July for v10 & August for v11) New feature: CUPS printer printing to SMB network printer, optionally with (Kerberos)
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is IGEL OS able to utilize windows print servers for local printing?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS