My current UMS 5 is hosted in a datacenter (ports are NATed) and the IGEL Clients (5/10) are out in the wild (different locations with internet connection). No VPN connection or similar. Just old fashioned pulling settings over the internet on Client reboot. Is there any limitation after upgrading to UMS 6/IGEL OS 11. More specific: Is it mandatory to install ICG or should everything work?
Well… from a Igel Revenue perspective: yes, ICG is mandatory and everything will stop working… 😅
No, more seriously: it isn‘t the smartest and secured way but: it will work exactly like on 5/10. If we can give dome arguments to get you on the ICG Train, I would happy to help 😁
Yeah I know🤑 There are several reasons we don’t use ICG at the moment. I hope it will change soon. (Nothing you could do about it.) But I don’t want to wait for it to happen. So first I’ll upgrade. Thanks a bunch!👍
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it mandatory to install ICG for remote IGEL OS devices?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?