My current UMS 5 is hosted in a datacenter (ports are NATed) and the IGEL Clients (5/10) are out in the wild (different locations with internet connection). No VPN connection or similar. Just old fashioned pulling settings over the internet on Client reboot. Is there any limitation after upgrading to UMS 6/IGEL OS 11. More specific: Is it mandatory to install ICG or should everything work?
Well… from a Igel Revenue perspective: yes, ICG is mandatory and everything will stop working… 😅
No, more seriously: it isn‘t the smartest and secured way but: it will work exactly like on 5/10. If we can give dome arguments to get you on the ICG Train, I would happy to help 😁
Yeah I know🤑 There are several reasons we don’t use ICG at the moment. I hope it will change soon. (Nothing you could do about it.) But I don’t want to wait for it to happen. So first I’ll upgrade. Thanks a bunch!👍
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it mandatory to install ICG for remote IGEL OS devices?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?