Hello. Is it necessary to update/recreate every profile, when we deploying a new firmware? What is ‘best practice’ in this case?
Hello! Usually, you will be asked to update the profile to the correct and according ones if you are facing issues; our support will ask you at least if you have to open a ticket.
From MHO, try to stay at least in a major release (5, 10, 11) for main settings and really up to date on session (Citrix, Vmware, RDS, …) , Smartcard or other security related settings to use the newest and most secure settings.
I thought with OS11 the profile version is going away.
Or is it just the different firmwares?
@member not exactly: there is no difference anymore between OS/UDP/LX devices
ah ok, thx
Thank you for your quick answer. 👍
Thanks for asking, Daniel; I had been meaning to ask this, as well.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it necessary to update/recreate every profile, when we deploying a new IGEL OS firmware?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?