Is it possible to allow the end user to set the date and time easily without accessing the profile? I need a simple way that end users can set their own timezone, time and date now that we have a lot of people working from home.
Not in front of a console right now, but it should be possible. It would probably be better to set with a profile and template keys via UMS. Then assign keys to directories based on timezones.
To add to what Chris mentioned, give the following a try. If the Setup is already disabled for Users, you could allow just the Time and Date for the Users as shown below,
I have a Feature Request opened for a more handy local configuration tool, our Devs are working on it so nothing to share for the moment but in a near future:
Keyboard / Mouse settings like L / Rhanded, speed, etc …
Audio output / input device order
Screen configuration (similar to Windows 😄)
Printer configuration (here I have already scripted something with Bonjour)
Thank you for the help and link @member and @member. I had this problem before and gave up, but am willing to try again. When I give end users the link to setup, they don’t just see time – they see everything, and some of the items they can change due to other profiles. When I add a password to administrator and use quick settings not only does Setup ask for a password, but Shutter, Bluetooth and other utilities they need now ask for a password, which no one wants to use. I have read in the KB on this, but do not see how to make this efficient for end users who simply want to set the time and date like they do in Windows. Am I missing something here? Does anyone have a simple way to only give end users access to time and date without the rest of IGEL Setup being visible?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it possible to allow the end user to set the date and time easily without accessing the IGEL UMS Profile?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”