Is it possible to have different permission level on IGEL Thin Client ? For example, if we use AD authentication and User Group is Operator and Supervisor. Once the supervisor login to the Thin Client, they can reboot or shut down the thin client where as the operator cannot perform those action. Any thoughts ? Thanks.
Do you have EMP (Enterprise Management Pack) place? Then SWP (Shared Workplace) should exactly cover your needs:
At the moment, we purchased only IGEL thin client license. Do I need to purchase additional license for this feature ?
There is another solution…
In the IGEL Setup under _Accessories > Commands > Shutdown_ _Terminal_ you can set a password protection.
@member great solution. I am using AD authentication, how can IGEL differentiate who is the Administrator since we cannot evaluate AD user group.
Now that’s not possible. Only through shared workplace you can push profiles based on the user login.
I’m not even sure these settings would apply to a workplace user so I’ll need to check that.
You could reach out to your IGEL RSM or IGEL Partner and request a demo EMP license.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it possible to have different permission level on IGEL OS Thin Client ?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”