Hi all! Questions about the browser configurations.
1.) Is it possible to launch the browser using local files? i.e. launch an html I have stored on a custom partition? When i configured this and set the homepage to the location /custom/foldername/webpage.html I got an page that said the organization has blocked this content.
2.) Does the browser have full Tab functionality? The page I want to display is simply a portal page to a number of different sites. When I click on any link it opens it in a new window instead of a tab. I’d prefer it to open in a new tab instead of a new window.
Yes. You probably have the “Hide local Filesystem” setting active. That prevents accessing files on disk (There’s also a list of excepted paths somewhere, I don’t remember where)
Tabs are fully supported. There’s a setting whether links should be opened in a new tab or window by default somewhere in the profile settings
Hi @member and @member
New pages as tab:
Sessions,Browser,Browser global,Tabs,New pages should be opened in: a new tab
Hide local filesystem:
Sessions,Browser,Browser global,Windows,hide local filesystem
On Directory whitelisting, I assume:
Thanks @member and @member Hide local filesystem was partially the problem. Now I’m getting file not readable so I’m digging around for permission settings.
On the Tab settings I do not see that option. I have Warn me when closing multiple tabs, Warn me when opening multiple tabs might slow down the browser and when a link is opened in a new tab, switch to it immediately. I’m currently running 11.01.100.01 and see there is a newer version so I am going to update the OS
For the New Tab option I see it clear as day after updating firmware but now I’m second guessing whether I just completely overlooked it due to where it is displayed prior to the firmware update:man-facepalming:
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it possible to launch the IGEL OS browser using local files and does the browser have full Tab functionality?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”