Hello, first of all, I want to thank you for the free demo/evaluation license of IGEL Cloud. We are testing ICG right now. I just have one question: Is it possible to make a connection from a client to the ICG, without doing this manually on the client itself? We want to manage everything from the UMS. Thank you guys.
You’re welcome! When using ICG it’s there to manage the endpoints registering via ICG using the install wizard. What do you mean with „make a connection from a client to the ICG“?
@member sadly it isn’t. Due to security, when you register a device to icg there are done a certificate exchange, this cannot be automated at the moment. You know that you can create dns txt records to allow your users to register with their email addresses? And you can create easy to use multi time passwords. It’s all up to you how user friendly you want to be compared to your required level of security.
Hello, I’ve got 2 more questions, we’ve installed ICG and started using it.
1. How does the (thin) client determine on wich port it has to connect? We’ve installed ICG with Internal port 8443 and external port 443. At the beginning it was working, the (thin) clients got the right port for external and internal. But right now it’s not working anymore. We didn’t change anything on the ICG.
2. We are using the OpenVPN client on our (thin) clients. But when we set up our connection, the ICG connection does not work anymore.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it possible to make a connection from IGEL OS to the ICG, without configuring it manually on the client itself? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?