Good morning, I was wondering if its possible to make a window priority upon startup? We have multiple applications launching upon startup and it seems the pop up priority is inconsistent.
Good afternoon! Which kind of Applications are starting ? You could work with the Start delay (seconds), or use a tool like xdotool or wmctrl as a custom command:
xdotool windowactivate Firefox
So essentially we have Epic launching once Citrix authenticates. Epic brings along a application for Dictation since its connected in the image with Epic. This Dictation software only starts with Epic but it does appear as its own application on task bar. Sometimes the dictation window covers a bit of the Epic screen. This would not be a issue however end users do not touch these devices because they are being used as display boards in waiting rooms. This is causing a headache for our PC techs since they have to check the devices every morning by shadowing in. I would like to make a set application priority in the screen showing to avoid other pop ups blocking patient information
Are your applications starting on a Published Desktop or without Desktop as a Published app?
Without desktop as a published app
Sorry for answering late… Can you open a Terminal and check
xdotool getwindowfocus getwindowname
how the window title of your wanted window is?
wmctrl -r “window title” -b add,above
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it possible to make a window priority upon startup of IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”