Does anyone know for sure if you can push audio out of the Display Port via an Active adapter to an HDMI monitor with built in speakers?
Thinking of either buying the UD2, UD3 or perhaps flashing Wyse 3040s with iGel. Thanks!
Hi Greg, when using an adapted I cannot promise anything even if it „might or should“ work. Which kind of displays / adapters do you plan to buy?
Presently I have a Dell E2720HS monitor with integrated speakers that I am trying to use.
We have Wyse 5020s and Wyse 3040s in our environment and I remember seeing our Monitors as Audio Out Devices.. But let me check it later – I will let you know about Wyse 3040s with an Display Port to HDMI Adapter (this i can test easily)
Here you go: Wyse 3040 with Audio through a DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter on an Asus Monitor. Just make sure your DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter supports Audio 🙂
You may be able to test it yourself, without wiping the Wyse device, using this guide here: virtualbrat.com/2020/03/19/igel-ud-pockets-for-everyone/
but I don’t have any experience what hoops you might get through on a Wyse 3040 for it to work
Thank you so much. I’ll build a UD pocket yet this weekend and test it with the 3040 on Monday morning. Do you happen to know if you have to modify the boot order of a thin client like the 3040 to boot the pocket?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it possible to push audio out of the Display Port via an Active adapter to an HDMI monitor with built in speakers?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to Open Firewall Ports Required by IGEL UMS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?