Is it possible to suppress messages from appearing on the end user device?
From a purely Sales perspective: yes, by renewing this EMP Subscription 😄 but from a Technical POV:
you mean, you don’t need EMP anymore on that device and you want to remove it, right?
Hi Seb, sorry for the confusion. We are waiting for the renewals to come through but we have 1000+ users seeing this message today and they are calling the Service Desk thinking it is an issue. Is there a reg key I can update on the device to suppress this message in the meantime?
No worry! Honestly, Yes, there was a way but I can’t find it atm… 😄 Let me search a bit.
May I ask if this devices need ICG / SWP / AIT?
Yes, they need the ICG message. Remind me what is SWP and AIT ?
Sure: hared Workspace (Profiles assigned on an Active Directory User) and Asset Inventory Tracker (shows up more detailled infos on connected Hardware to your endpoint).
So, if it is for a temporary period, you could try: igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C015V0F5KFY/p1600699784021500?thread_ts=1600658791.016700&cid=C015V0F5KFY
Fantastic @member that profile looks to work perfectly. Thank you.
Does this Profile also work to hide the notification that a new configuration needs to be applied?
Notifications about configuration changes can be disabled in the UMS settings @member
Just to support René’s perfect answer:
Thank you, to confirm with the second option if unchecked, when we apply a new profile or make a change to a profile, the user will not see any prompt, the change will just apply if we set it to now.
Yes, exactly! So be careful when pushing new profiles out when users are working: that might interrupt their user session😄
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it possible to suppress messages from appearing on the end user device?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”