Hi everyone, is it possible to use a citrix session over 2 monitors while also having a chromium session on top of the citrix session? We have users that have to use the igel chromium browser while also using their citrix session.
Hi Ian, if I get you right, yes. You can easily switch between Windows with:
CTRL ALT TAB
Does that cover your need?
Well we treid using CTRL ESC to switch windows, however when doing that the browser window only stays on top as long as you dont click into the citrix session again.
And Ctrl alt tab does not work there neither?
Havent tried that yet. I’ll check it out!
Soo @member we tried it out, but it didnt work. It’s just the same. Our Endgoal is to have the Browser on top of a dual screen citrix session that wont be put into the backgroudn once we work in the citrix session.
Could you provide a screenshot of how it looks like when all sessions are started and put a few arrows on what needs be where? We could work with wmctrl or xdotool comands maybe.
Here you go. So the way it looks liek now is roughly what the end user wants to have, a citrix session across 2 monitors with the chromium browser on top of it. But right now, if i click anywhere in the citrix session, the chromium browser will be gone because the citrix session will be on top again.
You could try the following: s. attached Screenshots. This creates a Hotkey function that enables the Ontop for Chromium. As soon as all sessions are started, press:
CTRL ALT T
and it should keep Chromium on Top until it ends.
The command is:
wmctrl -r Chromium -b toggle,above
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it possible to use a citrix session over 2 monitors while also having a chromium session on top of the citrix session on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”