Is it possible to use an igel client as a dev workstation to package for Custom Partitions?
Yes, in general yes but you might miss a few helpers like a repo manager. what are you trying to achieve exactly?
well after researching more into CPs. I realize I have to actually package it myself from my understanding. The CPs on the portal don’t have the proper files. I could have someone get me a linux machine on prem, but if I can just use an IGEL client that would make it easier and probably more close to a proper test since its on an IGEL itself
That‘s true, that’s how the CP Store works!
I wouldn‘t say that an Igel OS alone would help (at least not when you are searching easily for some dependencies), I would rather go the route of a Ubuntu x64 18.04.
If you would like to download or install a software through
a.e. exemple to test if this dependency works, Igel OS wouldn‘t function since it isn‘t integrated. A manual search is still possible, obviously but it is a bit more complicated.
Ok sounds good. Thanks for the info!
apt-get doesn’t work on my IGEL client
but i’ll just get a full ubuntu machine
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it possible to use an IGEL OS client as a dev workstation to package for Custom Partitions?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”