Is it possible to use an igel client as a dev workstation to package for Custom Partitions?
Yes, in general yes but you might miss a few helpers like a repo manager. what are you trying to achieve exactly?
well after researching more into CPs. I realize I have to actually package it myself from my understanding. The CPs on the portal don’t have the proper files. I could have someone get me a linux machine on prem, but if I can just use an IGEL client that would make it easier and probably more close to a proper test since its on an IGEL itself
That‘s true, that’s how the CP Store works!
I wouldn‘t say that an Igel OS alone would help (at least not when you are searching easily for some dependencies), I would rather go the route of a Ubuntu x64 18.04.
If you would like to download or install a software through
a.e. exemple to test if this dependency works, Igel OS wouldn‘t function since it isn‘t integrated. A manual search is still possible, obviously but it is a bit more complicated.
Ok sounds good. Thanks for the info!
apt-get doesn’t work on my IGEL client
but i’ll just get a full ubuntu machine
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it possible to use an IGEL OS client as a dev workstation to package for Custom Partitions?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?