Is it possible to use display port “Multi-stream” on UD3? And what about UD2?
A client really wants to connect 3 full-HD screens for regular office use (Phone emergency dispatchers)
Hi, unfortunately our UD devices only officially support a number of screens up to the number of outputs available. Daisy-chaining, splitter cables and USB monitors are not officially supported but some of our users might have got one of these to work for certain thin-clients.
Thanks, David, I’ll wait for the community to answer, if it takes too long i’ll experiment myself and report back
I thought only the UD7 officially supported 3 displays, plus an optional 4th display via an add-on card.
In essence, Display Port 1.2 should support Multi-stream which means you could daisy-chain or have a multi-stream splitter. However, I’ve had a chat with someone who had ran some tests and I think the ud3 and 2 won’t support it, but a possible direction is USB screens. <edit> Or a splitter that supports hacking a 4k resolution in 2x 1080/1200p, but you’ll end up with 2 screens acting like one, so messages end up between 2 bezels.
Have you had any experience using a multiscreen system with a virtualized environment like PCoIP or Citrix?
I have set-up VMWare Horizon with IGEL UD3 and UDP/UDC with 2 screens without problem, 3 screens was always a gamble, based on hardware.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it possible to use display port “Multi-stream” on IGEL UD3? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS