Is it possible to use USB Printers with USB Redirection disabled on the IGEL Thin Clients? ITs works with our windows thin clients, but i’ve noticed since we’ve been migrating over to igel, the few people that do have usb printers don’t get recognized
Yes, and tbh it’s the prefered way (even if they are exceptions):
Printer is configured locally (Devices,Printer,CUPS,Printers)
Mapped to Citrix (or Vmware, RDS)
Ok thanks. We use vmware and i’ve been trying what your suggesting but not having much luck. Any documentation or tips?
Well, this thread is covering it on Citrix but it’s pretty much the same on Vmware
Don’t forget to hace the driver definition name set1 1:1, between your local / remote printer.
Ok thanks! I’ll give it a shot
What does this mean exactly: Don’t forget to hace the driver definition name set1 1:1, between your local / remote printer.
The driver definition name (custom windows driver name) in your cups printer section must match case sensitive your driver name on Terminalserver
I’m still having no luck with this. 😞
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it possible to use USB Printers with USB Redirection disabled on the IGEL OS Thin Clients? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”