Is it possible to use USB tethering to an IGEL device with iPhone or Android for cellular data? If so what options need to be changed?
@member Using the iPhone/Android Phone as a Personal Hotspot/Mobile Hotspot should be possible, for now, I suppose.
I was fiddling around on a laptop, and it worked for me when I enabled ‘Interface 2’ in LAN Interfaces. Since the laptop already has one Ethernet interface (eth0), the smartphone’s tethering was eth1, and to make the correct files in /var/lib for eth1, that second interface needed to be enabled. It seems to be working.
I just tested with a UD2 on OS11… if I just activated Interface 2, it worked.
(the first was with 10.06.120… sorry, I don’t have 10.04.100 at the moment, but I would expect it to be the same… it just needs files for eth1 because that is what it renames the interface to)
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is it possible to use USB tethering to an IGEL device with iPhone or Android for cellular data?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?