2 questions from one customer:
Is possible to install UMS HA on a Linux server and use compatible databases?
Is possible to create an OSC installation USB with a predefined profile?
UMS HA: yes, Linux is supported also for HA
OSC: let‘s say a preconfiguration, not really a profile: Start the OSC, and click on Edit. There you can preset a config that will apply on every install. I would suggest to do use autoreg and default directory rules in addition.
OK. Could you send me the links for both functions?
It‘s all in the KB😉
That ́s what I ́m reading. Allows to Edit configuration but, Could be saved to use the same settings with all devices to install OSC?
Where explains how to install HA on Linux?
Yes on OSC.
Search for UMS install linux, then follow the steps and combine it with my previously sent article, the steps are the same between win and linux.
OK, I thought that UMS HA can only be installed on W2008 or newer because is what says on Installation Requirements (Your first link).
Where you can saved modifications during OSC installation to use the same setting on other installations (I mean, without enter on Edit again for each device).
On OSC, yes exactly.
No, UMS (and HA) are compatible with:
Ubuntu 16.04 (64 bit)
Ubuntu 18.04 (64 bit)
Oracle Linux 7 (64 bit)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 (64 bit)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 8 (64 bit)
UMS HA on Linux, clear. Thanks.
Do you mean that editing settings during OSC installation is saved on the USB for installation on other devices?
Yes… Exactly that… But prepare a OSC Stick, test the behavior😅
Many many many thanks for your help. 😉
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is possible to install UMS HA on a Linux server and use compatible databases? and Is possible to create an OSC installation USB with a predefined profile’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”