Is possible to update UMS 5.03.100 directly to 6.03.130 or is recommended to update first to 5.09.140?
Hi, you should be able to upgrade directly, but please make sure that you have a backup first! Optionally, make a snapshot of the server as well, if you can 👍
If your v5 thin clients are not running the latest FW (5.13.110) they won’t connect to UMS 6+ due to an incompatility with TLS.
Hey Sebastian, would changing the settings using that script void any sort of support contracts or anything like that? Say a customer has too many to upgrade quickly but wants to upgrade their UMS.
Let’s say it this way: it isn’t officially supported AND it might become a security Issue to accept old TLS / SSL Protocols but, if you open a ticket for OS10 / OS11 maintained device it shouldn’t even come back to surface and cause issues. :hugging_face:
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is possible to update IGEL UMS 5.03.100 directly to 6.03.130 or is recommended to update first to 5.09.140?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS