Is SSH Access used for UMS or other utilities or can it be turned off?
SSH is only used for SSH connections from external clients and can be disabled.
You can learn more here:
Secure Shell (SSH) Access to IGEL OS with Keys
IGEL OS has a built-in OpenSSH server that can be activated and configured via the Setup application. It lets you connect securely to the device over the network in order to issue commands or transfer files. While authentication can be done with a username-password combination, using a private-public key pair can increase convenience and/or security. This document describes how to generate and distribute the keys required. – kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.100/en/secure-shell-ssh-access-to-igel-os-with-keys-24385093.html
Configuring SSH Access on the Device – kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.100/en/configuring-ssh-access-on-the-thin-client-24385097.html
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”