Our security officer was talking to us today about our status for BIOS updating to protect against Spectre and Meltdown. The question was raised about the UD3s. I saw www.igel.com/technology-trends/igel-furthers-product-security-with-meltdown-and-spectre-fix/ But is there also a BIOS update that is needed? In poking around it looks like my UD3s have several different versions, is there a way to update the BIOS from the UMS?
Hey Matt, in our FW Upgrade we take care about the microcode updates. So your original IGEL Hardware is fine after Upgrading to the latest FW.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a BIOS update required on IGEL devices to patch for Spectre and Meltdown?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS