Hi everyone, is there a command I can run from the secure terminal to tell me what UMS a device is registered to? We have devices in the field that are using Appliance mode so I’ve currently got to move them to a directory that removes appliance mode so that I can see the System Info, then I have to move it back. Would like to be able to do this without interrupting a customer. The reason behind this is that we are going through a company split and moving devices from one UMS to another and want to be able to verify this.
Hi Zachary, should be more /wfs/setup.ini | grep ip
That should give you the right answer.
So i get access denied when I do that, but I feel like we are on the right track here! Thanks @member
Should be ‘grep ip /wfs/setup.ini’, but only as root.
That worked! Thanks @member
also was able to work around the permission issue by going in as user then doing a SU, then doing a vi /wfs/setup.ini
the grep ip is much better though, thanks again folks!
Yes, @member probably missed a ‘cat’ 😸.
Change the background color in the config on one of the UMS instances. Make it simple to see from over the shoulder even…
That’s a great idea @member but our sites are spread all over the US and I work out of corporate. Could check via a quick open and close shadow session though. Guess I could assign a different bg color and build a view out of the ones that have that value. Building a view from a command return would be the most ideal.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a command to run from the secure terminal to tell me what UMS a device is registered to? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?