I sent out a mass profile change. Some devices did not receive the profile due to inactiveness/shutdown. I usually do the Settings-> UMS on that particular device.
Is there a feature to re-push out 1 specific profile to that device if it already has it?
Hi, I‘m maybe misreading your post but if you sent a Config change (Profile, Master profile, etc…) and device wasn‘t online when you pushed it: the device will get it at the next bootup/startup; so there is no need to repush.
It‘s more or less the same like choosing „Apply settings on next boot instead“ instead of now.
Thank you, I usually do the “now” option when making a change or new profile deployment. do you think it is more accurate to do “now” or “after reboot”? Because I do see some inconsistencies sometimes where not all devices get the updates profile and there is a blue icon (screenshot provided)
On lab: now! No question!
In Prod: on next reboot, but then I create a Reboot job for nighttime (02:00 AM a.e.) where every endpoint which is online should be rebooted, that‘s where I get the most accurate rollout. You go even more deeper and create a Wake Up / Shutdown job for getting every device but that‘s too much effort IMHO.
I would love to do the planned rollout time but I have 7+ partners 3,000 devices in all complete 24×7 production timezones. Which would be very difficult. Excluding some devices from the rollout in different production times would be separating salt and pepper. lol
Continue reading and comment on ‘Is there a feature to re-push out 1 specific IGEL UMS profile to that device if it already has it?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS