Is there a general way to configure the display brightness?
I see the option on the taskbar menu when it’s a laptop (or occasionally otherwise). But I have some all-in-one PCs which don’t have this. They don’t have hardware brightness buttons, but they don’t have any battery devices that would cause the charging/brightness menu to appear.
as far as I remember this feature isn‘t available by default on non-battery driven devices.
Two ideas I would share (but not tested since power management in my virtual machines is limited), both needs to be tested in command line as user (Accessories=>Terminal=>Add a session by +=>Save)
xrandr is usually the way to go. something like this may work: xrandr —output $(xrandr | grep „ connected“ | cut -f1 -d „ „) —brightness 0.8
0 is lower brightness 1 is brightest
if it doesn‘t work replace $(xrandr | grep „ connected“ | cut -f1 -d „ „) by the right output manually. check with xrandr command which output is connected
second one the command igel_gamma
Syntax is shown by adding -help
I would try igel_gamma -gamma 8
I wished to have an easier way and hope that someone will correct me…
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a general way to configure the display brightness on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”