When setting up iis ftp for firmware updates, is there a limit to how many endpoints can be supported by one server?
Depends on the server, I guess? Unless you mean Buddy-update, in which case there is a default limit on number of concurrent connections which can be changed.
Buddy-Update in IGEL Setup
I hadn’t planned on using the buddy update with the exception of low bandwidth sites. Too challenging to configure as the endstate for igel will potentially be running upwards of 20k endpoints. I was going to set up a separate windows based ftp server using iis.
Yes, Buddy-update is really best for low-bandwidth, e.g. rural sites. Perhaps someone else on here who uses FTP for mass-updating will be able to tell you what their servers are capable of
I use FTP servers for my remote firmware updates. My remote sites only have about 35 IGELs though, so its easily handled by one server. And my use case is low bandwidth sites. I just copy the firmware files to my file server at each site then the clients at that site are all pointed to it over FTP. Its much more robust than the buddy update, and was only slightly more difficult to get all setup.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a limit to how many endpoints can be supported by one server when setting up IIS FTP for firmware updates?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”