is there an replacement or a new location in Version 10 for /var/log/messages ? it is there in V4 and V5 but not in V10.
my understanding is that ubuntu moved the functionality to /var/log/syslog – but this file does not exist either.
Not exactly a new location but a different way: I use dmesg -f for my purposes
ok. so the file itself or the ubuntu alternative is not used in V10?
because in kb.igel.com/igelos-10.05.500/en/diagnostics-8620578.html there ist still the /var/log/messages file named under section “IGEL Linux 10:” “In the log file /var/log/messages, search for cert_agent”
Right, but let‘s see if someone is correcting me🙈
I created a WIKI page for cli commands with an dmesg -w entry:
In V10 you can use journalctl
nice 🙂 . the parameters seems to be the same, at least I can substitute my usage of
“tail -n 20 -f /var/log/messages”
“journalctl -n 20 -f”.
added it to the WIKI
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a new location in IGEL OS 10 for /var/log/messages?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?