We have a new IGEL UD3 Win10 with the Wifi module.
But the Wifi module has a driver from 2015. Newer drivers are not available.
Is there a newer version of the WIfi module or a newer driver?
Hi DKG 🙂 Which firmware you’re running on the Win10-IGELs?
The Firmare is 4.04.120
You can try these steps:
1) disable UWF
2) install the driver into the Windows
3) enable UWF
4) take a Snapshot and spread it to the other devices kb.igel.com/w10iot-4.03/en/updating-the-firmware-via-customized-snapshot-7123602.html
The question is, is there a newer version of the driver of the Igel Wifi module. Or do I have a older version of the Wifi module.
Aha sorry, didn’t read it carefully and thought you’re using another Wi-Fi adapter.
We normally integrate new drivers on our firmware updates.
Do you know what the latest verion of the Wifi module and driver is?
www.mediatek.com/products/broadbandWifi/RT5572 that’s the device. The driver version installed you’ll see in the device manager. Didn’t compare it to the one from this website. But in the actual firmware is s the driver we use currently.
What’s your problem behind?
The driver is more than 4 years old.
We have some problems with the 5Ghz network that sometimes disconnect
Did you check if a newer driver is available for them? If yes, update it and test if the stability is better.
There is no newer driver available…
If you need Wi-Fi then test the www.igel.de/linux_product/tp-link-archer-t2uh/ which covers the 5 GHz
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a newer WiFi driver for IGEL UD3 Win10 with the Wifi module?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?