Hello – Regarding wireless networking – Say the wifi for an office goes down randomly, and the Thin Client is setup to use wireless, is there a point while the WIFI network is down that IGEL will stop trying to reconnect (e.g stops trying to reconnect after 30 minutes or after 20 retries)? Or will IGEL never stop trying to reconnect back to that same WIFI until that network is back up and accessible? Is there a setting that correlates with this in UMS where you can set the amount of times it tries or set it to always try?
Hi, not that I’m aware. I know iwconfig is capable to count retries and then abort. Let me check a few things, and I will write back aif I find something out
So are you saying that it doesn’t stop trying to reconnect? And that there’s no real configuration for that? It’s just forced on the back end to always try?
@member Any update on this? I’m hoping to answer my leadership soon. I haven’t found anything in UMS that talks about WIFI Reconnecting or what settings there may be. I simply need to know if there’s a point where the IGEL OS will stop trying to reconnect to WIFI if it’s lost.
I‘m not in the office, like I said, will check it asap.
So, tested it right now. A reconnect is there (like expected), I didn‘t notice a timeout to reconnect. Wifi reconnected also 1 hour later.
Thank you for this information.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a point while the WIFI network is down that IGEL OS will stop trying to reconnect?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”