Hi. I have a customer that’s moving from a 3rd party managed UMS to an in house managed UMS. They have the firmware, thin clients and profiles export from the current UMS. I’m wondering what the process is to “unregister” the devices from the current UMS and re-register them to the new one. Everything I’m finding is about registering “new” devices, but nothing about removing a registration from one and re-registering on the other.
At a small scale, a factory reset on each TC would work. But anything more than a few dozen would need some other solution.
Yeah, so I’m not sure that a factory reset would be an option. They have sites all over the world with limited resources at each site.
Do you have any details on the “other solution”?
@member Sounds like it would be good to get IGEL team for this account and get some advanced IGEL services to assist.
can you get the key from the 3rd party ums server? you COULD use it on your server as well..
I’ll have to see if I could get the key. Is that something that can be exported/imported through the UMS, or is it something that has to be exported/imported at the database level?
you can export/import that via ums administrator app.
Hi, a few thoughts:
• do you have an access to the 3rd party UMS?
• are you installing a new server, or using an existing one?
• if yes, are they other customers on that one or just the one you are speaking of?
• is ICG in place?
You can merge two UMS installations but it would help if you could answer the questions from Sebastien.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a process is to “unregister” the IGEL OS devices from the current UMS and re-register them to the new one?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?