Is there a simple way to allow only IGEL clients to connect to Horizon? I know i can set Horizon client restrictions on the connection server and only allow Horizon Linux clients, but that doesnt fully lock it down to IGEL only. Thanks!
Really good question, I would expect a kind of User Agent conecpt but I would have to search. Will check, but I’m not a Horizon Pro 😄
This is what Horizon Client thinks of IGEL OS:
`Host is Linux 5.9.16 IGEL OS 11.05.120.rc3 IGEL OS 11 18.04`
Don’t think this is already a separate category. Just a linux flavor.
Don’t know sure if this is possible. Maybe you can raise a case by VMware?
This might be the solution in our specific case:
“Added support for Horizon client device certificate authentication prior to SAML passthrough authentication used when launching Horizon sessions through Unified Access Gateway from Workspace ONE Access.”
If we add a client device certificate to IGEL, we are essentially making sure only our clients can connect.
(talk about perfect timing on VMware’s part)
Looks like those device cert are possible since Horizon Client for Linux 2012. But should need some extra preparations on the client side.
Thanks. SoftHSM2 is not part (yet?) of the IGEL OS? Or can i as a customer install it manually?
Included it is not. It seems doable, but “very manually”.
With this new feature in mind, is it going to make its way into a near future build?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a simple way to allow only IGEL clients to connect to VMware Horizon? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?